When you use CityWay, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This notice describes the personal data (“data”) we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation via their Cityway account.
- Drivers: individuals who provide transportation to Riders.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or the plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application refers to Cityway, the software program provided by the Company.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Citywaylimouse llc, Uae, Dubai.
- Country refers to: United Arab Emirates
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Data collection and uses
A. The data we collect
Cityway collects data:
- Provided by users to Cityway, such as during account creation
- Created during the use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
Cityway collects the following data:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile information: We collect data when users create or update their Cityway accounts or place orders. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license, and other government-issued documents (which may include identification numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo). This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery persons, emergency contact information, user settings, and evidence of health or fitness to provide services using Cityway apps.
- Background check information (drivers): This includes information submitted during the driver’s application process, such as license status, known aliases, prior addresses, and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Cityway’s behalf.
- Identity verification photos: This includes photos of users and their government-issued identifications (such as driver’s licenses or passports). Such photos may be used to verify a user’s identity.
2. Data created during the use of our services. This includes:
- Location data (driver): We collect precise or approximate location data from drivers’ mobile devices when the Cityway app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen).
- Location data (riders). We collect precise or approximate location information from riders’ mobile devices if they enable us to do so via their device settings.
Cityway collects such data from the time a ride or order is requested until it is finished, and any time the app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen).
Riders and order recipients may use the Cityway apps without enabling the collection of location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect certain features in the Cityway apps. For example, a rider who has not enabled precise location data will have to manually enter their pickup address.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided; trip or order details (such as date and time, requested pick-up and drop off addresses, distance traveled and payment transaction information (amount charged, and payment method).
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, browser type, and app crashes and other system activity.
- Device data: We collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, advertising identifiers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We collect data regarding phone, text or in-app communications between users. This includes date and time, as well as the content of text or in-app messages.
B. How we use the data
Cityway uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation. We also use such data:
- to enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- for customer support
- for research and development
- to enable communications between users
We use the data we collect:
To provide our services. Cityway uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
This includes using data to:
- create/update accounts.
- enable transportation. such as:
- using location data to navigate rider pick-ups and order drop-offs, calculate ETAs, and track the progress of rides .
- features that involve data sharing, such as sharing driver first name and vehicle information with riders to facilitate pick-ups, user profile and trip details for ETA sharing and fare splitting, and user ratings and compliments.
- match available vehicles to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, location.
- To show the live tracking of an active ride.
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You.
Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service.
You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us.
Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: Citywaylimouse.in
- By visiting this page on our website: [Citywaylimo. Ae](Citywaylimo. Ae)